Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Research Paper Proposal

Topic- I want to do my paper on the importance of physical education to the mentally and physically handicapped. (I picked this topic because it is what I plan to go into after high school.)
Potential Interview Subjects- Tyler Kondos @ Horse May, Kate Whittington @ BMS, and Donna Waliczek @BHS
My approach- I plan to interview physical education teachers at the elementary, middle school, and high school level on their views on the importance of physical education to mentally and physically handicapped students. I know Tyler Kondos has his license in regular and adaptive P.E., I'm almost positive Ms. Waliczek does, and I'm not sure about Mrs. Whittington. I have never spoke with Mr. Kondos before, but his name was referred to me as a good resource for this project. I have looked over Mrs. Whittington's website and she seems to be a very well educated teacher with a true purpose in the improvement of her students health and education involving their health. And Ms. Waliczek, as we all know, takes her job very seriously. I plan to do a compare and contrast between the different teachers and the levels of P.E. they teach along with a psychological study on mentally handicapped and how P.E. improves their lifestyles.
*I'm not 100% sure I did this proposal right so any extra input would be great*

3 comments:

  1. Hanna, your topic seems really interesting and something that will be intriguing to you since it's what you will be going into after high school. I like your compare and contrast idea and how you have teachers all throughout the different grades. Maybe some of the questions you ask them, since some elementary schools are cutting the gym class and in high school they may not have it every day, is how the kids act when that time of physical activity is taken away from them. You could interview some of the special needs helpers at the high school to see their take on how the students they help perform differently in academics and day to day behavior when they get that physical activity sometime throughout their day. Overall I really like your topic idea and the set up of different levels of education each interviewee teaches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to spend a lot of time wrangling interview structure going in, and sifting through the different types of data you get. The great news - it's going to structure your essay for you!

    Spend a lot of time crafting interview questions and make sure to spend the time looking at the data you get to look for trends and commonality

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hanna, I think this will be a very good topic for you to look at because it seems like something that really interests you and something that could possibly benefit you in your future. Looking at the people you want to interview, they all seem like really great subjects. I personally know Mrs. Waliczek, and I think she would be a great lady to interview. She is someone who is very passionate and knowledgeable about her job. She also plays a huge part in the Special Olympics that are put on every year for the Special Ed. kids. I think it would be cool if you asked her some questions about that, and saw how they may positively impact their lives. You could also look at some of the different way that any of these teachers have to teach their class and the challenges and rewards that come along with it. I think this will turn out very nicely! :)

    ReplyDelete