Wednesday, February 19, 2014

TED Talk Thesis: Big Sister

Thesis/Goal: I want my listeners to see the struggles, but most importantly the rewards of being a big sister. I will work so that my TED Talk can appeal to those who share the same role as I do in being the oldest, to those who are the younger sibling to give them a sense of what it means to be the oldest, and also to those who don't have any siblings to show them what's it's like to have a brother or a sister.  

For my TED Talk I want to incorporate definition, narration, and cause and effect into my personal experiences of being a big sister. I want to start out by defining what a big sister is in both a literal sense and a personal sense. By using a literal route I can have the listeners understand what a big sister is and by bringing in personal experience, I hope to grab their attention through both humor and seriousness through telling personal stories. I also want to include cause and effect in that the actions and decisions someone makes as an older sibling can and will have an effect on younger siblings. 

HELP: So I don't know how to better word my thesis statement so it's more of a thesis statement rather than a goal. Or if it works fine as it is for a thesis statement? comments would be much appreciated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment